The April conversation has arrived! This Thursday, April 26, we’ll address crisis communications on several levels, from standard, institutional crisis planning to a more social media-focused crisis management case study. We’ll test a new hangout time–5 pm EST–on Google hangout. To join the conversation, visit gplus.to/TalkingAboutTalking where you’ll find a hangout underway. Participate between now and then by posting questions and links here and/or on our Google + page. To get started, some resources (many from AAM’s excellent information center):
- Planning for Crisis Communications, AAM webinar (90 min.)
- Mission Controls Fact Sheets on Crisis Management, Nonprofit Risk Management Center
- What Reporters are Likely to Ask: Questions Relating to a Crisis, TMT Worldwide
- 10 Steps of Crisis Communications, Bernstein Crisis Management, Inc.
- Do’s and Don’ts (but mostly Don’ts) of Crisis Communications Management, PRSA prnewspros blog
- Crisis Communications Plan: A PR Blueprint, Northern Illinois University
- LinkedIn Crisis Communication group and related discussions in the PR and Communications Professionals group